Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Curses! Foiled again!

Random recipes, ranting, and other various things that begin with "r".
  1. Old Comment

Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup.

It sounds heavenly. I so :heart: red peppers. I am going to have to give this a try.
    Posted 01-23-2008 at 05:37 PM by One for Sorrow One for Sorrow is offline
  2. Old Comment

The wonder that is barbeque.

OMG, curses, you painted such a yummy picture that I'm starving now! :hungry:
  3. Old Comment

I forgot about blogs!

What's the latest news on this?
  4. Old Comment

I forgot about blogs!

A wise move, as the second generation ones are just now hitting their stride. New technology always has a few glitches in its first few runs.
  5. Old Comment

I forgot about blogs!

You're not really selling me on a hybrid, you know.
  6. Old Comment

I almost have working internets momentarily

Well good luck with everything curses. Sounds like you guys are stuck on a bump in the road for the time being.

There's something not working right with teh internets here too, which has led to no small consternation and intermittent travian withdrawals. We haven't been able to id the exact cause either. When I am World Emperor I will have installed in all electronic and computer devices will have a bright green LED that comes on when it it isn't working correctly so it can be easily identified and replaced.
  7. Old Comment

In which I wonder...

Ari, I noticed that as well, I think they do it on purpose.

LOL, Yb. No, I'm the one that hears the chirpy noises. And said battery's now replaced.
  8. Old Comment

In which I wonder...

Isn't that what you have a husband for, to find the chirpy things while you sleep? I can send you a pair of ear plugs if you like. :wink:
  9. Old Comment

In which I wonder...

There is a law that states, All high pitched chirping noises must be in that frequency that makes it appear as if it comes from everywhere and nowhere at the same time.
  10. Old Comment
  11. Old Comment

I have no choice. It's the only job 4 different temp services could find me in a 3 month period, and Alan's still out of work, though hopefully the Apple store should contact him shortly.
  12. Old Comment

No coats, you mentioned before... but no drinks? I wouldn't last very long at all. :goodbye:
  13. Old Comment

Damn, and what's your prison number?
  14. Old Comment

You're telling me..it's just a rule for the temps. We're not allowed in the building by ourselves, no coats allowed, no cellphones, no drinks, no getting up for anything other than your approved 15 minute breaks, etc, etc, etc.
  15. Old Comment

:\

Sorry to hear that it's the modem. Of course, the bright side is that it will probably be easier to replace than Comcast, if the ISP had been the problem.

Quote:
    I'm not allowed to have my cellphone with me
    That's just crap.
  16. Old Comment

Slight milestone for me

Congrats curses! I too am trying to get back into a fitness routine and beat the pain. Most mornings the past two weeks I have made to the Y and done 1-2 miles on the treadmill. Plus I got some of the banana nut crunch cereal and some delish cappucino protein drink I like so I have been eating a real breakfast again instead of just inhaling a granola bar in the car. Lost 8 pounds since last month though...so, something is working. Weekends are still tough--since I don't HAVE to get up for work I tend to sleep in, and since my wife works only on weekends by the time I get up she is leaving for work and then there's no Y time for me. Tomorrow I might just set my alarm and get up and go. I can always take a nap later.

And I think I might have discovered what was causing the very sharp pain in my left foot when I walked--it was my "work sneakers." I stopped wearing them to work a couple weeks back and and wore instead an old (but dilapidated) pair of sketchers I got 3 years ago. The sketchers look like hell, which is why I stopped wearing them to work, but they are way more comfortable.

This past week I wore the new sneakers again for two days, and the pain came back.

Looks like I need to get some different shoes for work...
  17. Old Comment

Slight milestone for me

My current fitness plan involves working 3-4 hours per day at some long-neglected chore or project here at Rancho Pobrecito. Hey, it's more than I've been doing.

Oh, and the chocolate cheesecake diet is working pretty well. I've lost 5 pounds in as many days eating a piece of chocolate cheesecake for breakfast, nothing for lunch, and a modest evening meal. For some reason, that rich cheesecake from Merritt's Bakery lasts all day long. It's way more satisfying than two bowls of oatmeal.
  18. Old Comment

The wonder that is barbeque.

Tom, you really should make your way over to Coopers in Llano, it's worth the trip. It's meatilicious.
  19. Old Comment

Slight milestone for me

Congrats, curses. I wish I could get excited about exercise, then maybe I'd do it. :D
    Posted 10-09-2007 at 08:09 PM by viscousmemories viscousmemories is offline
  20. Old Comment

Slight milestone for me

Nooo, see the pain's supposed to come when some ass comes studs-up at your shin, not from the simple act of running around a pitch :P