Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Curses! Foiled again!

Random recipes, ranting, and other various things that begin with "r".
Rate this Entry

Slight milestone for me

Posted 10-09-2007 at 01:46 AM by curses

In regards to fitness. Over the weekend, I took pictures for the soccer charity that I work for. They had a street cup tournament in Centennial Olympic Park. We spent the better part of the day roaming around taking pictures and playing soccer with random people.

I took yesterday off. Today I was actually able to run in short bursts with no pain! We found a park with soccer fields so my husband and I took turns setting up crosses and corner kicks. I played for about 45 minutes and I'm not in any pain for the first time.
Posted in Fitness
Views 23459 Comments 6 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Yay! That's awesome, curses. Show them muscles who's boss. :flex:
  2. Old Comment
    Pain free soccer? You're not doing it right. ;)
  3. Old Comment
    Nooo, see the pain's supposed to come when some ass comes studs-up at your shin, not from the simple act of running around a pitch :P
  4. Old Comment
    Congrats, curses. I wish I could get excited about exercise, then maybe I'd do it. :D
    Posted 10-09-2007 at 08:09 PM by viscousmemories viscousmemories is offline
  5. Old Comment
    My current fitness plan involves working 3-4 hours per day at some long-neglected chore or project here at Rancho Pobrecito. Hey, it's more than I've been doing.

Oh, and the chocolate cheesecake diet is working pretty well. I've lost 5 pounds in as many days eating a piece of chocolate cheesecake for breakfast, nothing for lunch, and a modest evening meal. For some reason, that rich cheesecake from Merritt's Bakery lasts all day long. It's way more satisfying than two bowls of oatmeal.
  6. Old Comment
    Congrats curses! I too am trying to get back into a fitness routine and beat the pain. Most mornings the past two weeks I have made to the Y and done 1-2 miles on the treadmill. Plus I got some of the banana nut crunch cereal and some delish cappucino protein drink I like so I have been eating a real breakfast again instead of just inhaling a granola bar in the car. Lost 8 pounds since last month though...so, something is working. Weekends are still tough--since I don't HAVE to get up for work I tend to sleep in, and since my wife works only on weekends by the time I get up she is leaving for work and then there's no Y time for me. Tomorrow I might just set my alarm and get up and go. I can always take a nap later.

And I think I might have discovered what was causing the very sharp pain in my left foot when I walked--it was my "work sneakers." I stopped wearing them to work a couple weeks back and and wore instead an old (but dilapidated) pair of sketchers I got 3 years ago. The sketchers look like hell, which is why I stopped wearing them to work, but they are way more comfortable.

This past week I wore the new sneakers again for two days, and the pain came back.

Looks like I need to get some different shoes for work...