Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs

Old

Resumes.

Posted 09-21-2007 at 12:39 AM by curses (Curses! Foiled again!)

Yes, resumes. We all hate writing them. The only thing worse than updating your resume is writing a cover letter. This is why I stick with jobs I hate for years on end. Fuck resumes.

I've been given inside info about an IT position opening up in the company I am temping with. The ops manager gave me the nod and told me to bring in my resume tomorrow. I have one written, but I'm not very pleased with it. It seems I don't really know how to sell myself well in writing. I think...
Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The joys of TVP

Posted 09-11-2007 at 11:32 PM by curses (Curses! Foiled again!)
Updated 09-23-2007 at 03:08 AM by curses

..or textured vegetable protein, if you're not up on your acronyms. Tonight I'm making Meatless Meat Loaf. Here's the recipe:

Mom's Michigan Meatloaf

INGREDIENTS

o 3 Cups TVP granules
o 2 1/2 Cups boiling water
o 1/4 Cup ketchup
o 1/2 Cup quick oats
o 4T steak sauce, or brown sauce
o 1t basil
o 3T veggie soup base
o 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion,
Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi
Posted in Recipes
Old

Monica Richards - Infrawarrior

Posted 09-08-2007 at 06:04 AM by curses (Curses! Foiled again!)
Updated 09-23-2007 at 03:08 AM by curses

Now I should really preface this post by saying I'm usually not a big fan of electro-anything. Not snobbish, just doesn't do much for me. However, this album has struck a chord, as it were.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/richardsmonica -- This site has samples of the album.

I won't call it the greatest work I've ever heard, nor one of the best albums released this year. I will call it interesting, though. I could try to sum up its contents by saying it's an album where she...
Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi
Posted in Music
Old

When I become World Emperor, Part 2

Posted 09-08-2007 at 05:22 AM by Kyuss Apollo

Another problem I plan to solve will be to end the confusion regarding a number commonly encountered situations and devices which hitherto have been allowed proliferate unregulated without rhyme or reason.

1. All microwave ovens will operate with the same control panel and all the buttons will do the same thing on every one, based on the controls of the microwave oven presently in my kitchen. Any and all microwave oven already in existence will be retrofitted to these specifications....
happy now, Mussolini?
Posted in World Emperor
Old

Rituals of Binding and Rituals of Healing

Posted 09-08-2007 at 04:41 AM by Brimshack
Updated 09-08-2007 at 07:35 AM by Brimshack

Okay, so it's been a long damn time since I was serious about anything academic. Somewhere between the usual academic bullshit and all the politics of working on an Indian reservation, I let my bitterness overwhelm the fascination I once had for Native American history. The career prospects all but gone at this point.

I find myself occassionally trying to look back at stuff I once planned to include in a dissertation, publications, etc. I find myself trying to think what I had in...
Northier Than Thou
Posted in Uncategorized