Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Curses! Foiled again!

Random recipes, ranting, and other various things that begin with "r".
Rate this Entry

I almost have working internets momentarily

Posted 10-21-2007 at 10:08 PM by curses

but I think our modem's going out on us. It'll be several weeks if not months before we can replace it, so I'm going to be very intermittent online. So if anyone asks, that's what happened.

In the meantime, I'm working Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat 6am to 4.30pm so I'll be unreachable on these days (no internet at work and I'm not allowed to have my cellphone with me).

Tues, Thurs, and Sun are recovery days, so I'm not going to be barrels of fun for awhile.

Not complaining, just mentioning the state of things at the moment. Well, maybe I'm complaining about the modem going out, but what can ya do?

Ta!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 31155 Comments 7 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    :\

Sorry to hear that it's the modem. Of course, the bright side is that it will probably be easier to replace than Comcast, if the ISP had been the problem.

Quote:
    I'm not allowed to have my cellphone with me
    That's just crap.
  2. Old Comment
    You're telling me..it's just a rule for the temps. We're not allowed in the building by ourselves, no coats allowed, no cellphones, no drinks, no getting up for anything other than your approved 15 minute breaks, etc, etc, etc.
  3. Old Comment
    Damn, and what's your prison number?
  4. Old Comment
    No coats, you mentioned before... but no drinks? I wouldn't last very long at all. :goodbye:
  5. Old Comment
    I have no choice. It's the only job 4 different temp services could find me in a 3 month period, and Alan's still out of work, though hopefully the Apple store should contact him shortly.
  6. Old Comment
    I know.:cheered:
  7. Old Comment
    Well good luck with everything curses. Sounds like you guys are stuck on a bump in the road for the time being.

There's something not working right with teh internets here too, which has led to no small consternation and intermittent travian withdrawals. We haven't been able to id the exact cause either. When I am World Emperor I will have installed in all electronic and computer devices will have a bright green LED that comes on when it it isn't working correctly so it can be easily identified and replaced.