Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 03-16-2015, 03:52 AM
" I am human. I conider nothing that is human as alien to me." Terence

Default Unisex

My Philosophy of Life is unisex. As you might be aware of my philosophy separates the human into the Individual, the Self, and the Person. The Individual is usually relegated to men and courageous women. The Self is usually relegated to men and thinking women, The Person is usually relegated to women and sensitive men. I treat all three without differentiating the sexes.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:31 AM
Flipper 11/11

Default Re: Unisex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsavegan View Post
My Philosophy of Life is unisex.
Except that the human race is both male and female, who approach each other from opposite ends of the spectrum . . . which becomes a requirement in order to propagate species. In other words I'm saying men and women are too fundamentally different to be viewed separately, as individuals.

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 03-16-2015, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacchus View Post
Quote:
Except that the human race is both male and female, who approach each other from opposite ends of the spectrum . . . which becomes a requirement in order to propagate species. In other words I'm saying men and women are too fundamentally different to be viewed separately, as individuals.
As far as the Individual is concerned, propagating the species is not an issue. the Individual is concerned with free sex.

The Person might be a different story although it doesn't differentiate in matters of feelings of the heart
Old 03-16-2015, 06:24 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Quote:
It's becoming increasingly apparent that male/female is the usual false dichotomy, and that there are subtle multiplicities of gender as well as sexual orientation. Human sexuality and gender is fluid and not fixed.
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (03-16-2015), livius drusus (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It's becoming increasingly apparent that male/female is the usual false dichotomy, and that there are subtle multiplicities of gender as well as sexual orientation. Human sexuality and gender is fluid and not fixed.
I agree with you. In the USA a very large percentage of people have never been married. This is especially true among men and women "milleniums"
Old 03-16-2015, 08:05 PM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Yep, it requires 46 chromosomes, 23 from the father and 23 from the mother, in order to produce "half a human being" . . . that is, male or female. The "whole human being" can't really be accounted for except through the unification of both sexes. Hence the notion that the human race is both male and female.

That isn't to say the genetics don't get botched up from time to time either, in which case it might produce a variety of deviations from the standard or ideal. Nor does that suggest anything criminal about it, unless you are prepared to blame nature or, God?

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 03-16-2015, 08:59 PM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
Yep, it requires 46 chromosomes, 23 from the father and 23 from the mother, in order to produce "half a human being" . . . that is, male or female. The "whole human being" can't really be accounted for except through the unification of both sexes. Hence the notion that the human race is both male and female.
Or, in effect 92 chromosomes? While in spiritual terms, the husband is perceived in terms of the masculine mind (46), and the wife is perceived in terms of the feminine mind (46), and from a distance, are perceived as the unification of both minds or, "one angel" (92). Or, this is how it's expressed in heaven at least.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy