Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 06-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Flipper 11/11

Default Re: Stephen Hawking says 'Philosophy is dead'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Puppet View Post
I've explained in the past why I call you a bigot, etc.
No, I don't remember you ever calling me a bigot, although it seems I may have called you one ... and no, not just here in this very post. :yup:

Quote:
And I didn't blame the death of the thread on you. This one was dead on arrival.
So, why did you feel the need to chime in? If nobody else was saying anything important, why should it make any difference what I have to say?

Quote:
I've attempted to discuss substantial points with you, but you are incapable of following a conversation coherently.
I have no recollection of this whatsoever either.

Quote:
The last time I started a serious thread in this subforum, you intentionally shat all over it because I'd been a meany-weany to you earlier. I only remember that so vividly because mickthinks, of all people, attempted to whiteknight me, which I found hilarious. So I generally just mess with you now.
A serious thread? Wow, that must have been a long time ago. But, then again, like I said, I don't follow you around these forums. Albeit yeah, it seems like I may have singled out one of your threads at one point but, it was only that one time, right? It's not like I've continued to harp away and hound at you ever since is it? Maybe there is a lesson to be learned there?

Okay, so you appear to be saying it depends on who gets to be the biggest "meanie weeny" first, right? Meaning it's okay for you to start but, not for anyone else to finish, even though you were clearly out of bounds in the first place? Wow, talk about a narrow-minded bigot!

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 06-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacchus View Post
So, why did you feel the need to chime in? If nobody else was saying anything important, why should it make any difference what I have to say?
Because I felt like it. For the lulz.

Quote:
Quote:
I've attempted to discuss substantial points with you, but you are incapable of following a conversation coherently.
I have no recollection of this whatsoever either.
Why am I not surprised.

Quote:
It's not like I've continued to harp away and hound at you ever since is it? Maybe there is a lesson to be learned there?
Nor have I "continued to harp away and hound at you ever since." You just see it that way because of your incredible self-absorption.

Quote:
Okay, so you appear to be saying it depends on who gets to be the biggest "meanie weeny" first, right? Meaning it's okay for you to start but, not for anyone else to finish, even though you were clearly out of bounds in the first place?
Um, what? You're free to say any damnfool thing you want, and thus you often do. I am free to say you're full of shit. All of this is "okay." All I've done here is attempt to explain my motivations since you have been crying about my actions in this thread.

Quote:
Wow, talk about a narrow-minded bigot!
Even if your above characterization were accurate, that would not be bigotry. Except in the Dictionary of the Arbitrary Iacchus Language, of course.

:sockpuppet:...........
Old 06-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Flipper 11/11

So, you're from Texas, huh? Yeah, this is where all the good ol' boys hang out. I'm just a long haired hippie type (well, at one point maybe) fag from California. :yup:

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 06-16-2011, 07:48 PM

I'm actually originally from California as well. Lived in San Francisco for over ten years, in fact. I even know the way to San Jose.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
Quote:
Because I felt like it. For the lulz.
This of course is not a good answer, as it doesn't correlate with your original justification and the following crap that ensured. This of course tells me I'm dealing with the same old Sock Puppet.

By the way, I used to live with an ex-cop who worked in Watts, and a lot of his hatred towards black people rubbed off on me. Before that, I hardly gave it any consideration. So, you've got to be careful with those rednecks in Texas. :D

Old 06-16-2011, 08:44 PM

You're now expecting correlation? You, who don't even follow what you yourself said before in subsequent posts? Or what I say, either, given that I already told you I am not attempting to justify anything.

Is the ex-cop where you got your fear of gay people, too? Or was there some other sort of rubbing involved there?

Last edited by Sock Puppet; 06-16-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Flipper 11/11

Look, if you expect any sort of consistency from me (or else what are you griping and carrying on about?), I think it works both ways. Honest.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:18 PM

That's exactly my point; it is hypocritical of you to expect consistency from anyone else if you do not provide it yourself. However, in any event, I contend that lulz are consistent with my other motivations.

I will grant you one thing -- you actually sucked me into a semi-serious discussion with you. That's sort of a victory, so kudos to you. :golfclap:

Old 06-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Flipper 11/11

No, you're the one who started it all. I never went around accusing you of anything. In fact I pretty much refrain from doing this with anybody. But, if you insist on slinging the sh*t, you at least have to have some justification for it. Which, thus far, by your own admission, you haven't provided.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
No, you're the one who started it all. I never went around accusing you of anything.
I never said you did. I said you were expecting consistency when you don't provide it yourself. Which is hypocritical.

Quote:
But, if you insist on slinging the sh*t, you at least have to have some justification for it. Which, thus far, by your own admission, you haven't provided.
No, I don't have to have justification for anything. I can sling shit as much as I want and you can either continue to cry about it or ignore it. I have, in fact, given a full explanation (not a justification, because I consider justifying myself to a nutbag like you to be a waste of time), you just don't like it. Not that you have to.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Flipper 11/11

Like I said, I don't generally go around accusing anybody of anything, which is to say, I'm very consistent about it. So no, whether I may or may not be consistent in other areas (albeit this is debatable, comrade :D), doesn't justify you going around kicking me in the teeth about it. Which, is what you've consistently done all along.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
No, I don't have to have justification for anything.
Sure you do.

Quote:
I can sling shit as much as I want and you can either continue to cry about it or ignore it.
Or, we can lock you up in a cage with the rest of the monkeys (I mean sh*t slingers). :yup:

Quote:
I have, in fact, given a full explanation (not a justification, because I consider justifying myself to a nutbag like you to be a waste of time), you just don't like it. Not that you have to.
No, at the very least, it demonstrates something very indecisive about you. This is why you are so threatened by me ... bigot.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:41 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
If what I wrote sounded like total gibberish, that is only because it was total gibberish.
Do you speak Russian? I don't. And, although I'll be the first to admit it all sounds like gibberish to me, I really don't think I'm qualified to be stating such things outright.
No, I don't speak Russian. However, since I am the author of the post in question (which, by the way, is not in Russian) I believe that I am qualified to state, rather authoritatively (see what I did there?), that it was indeed gibberish.

Do you speak English?
Hermit (06-17-2011)
Old 06-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Flipper 11/11

No, you don't know who you're talking to.

I gave more than enough blood yesterday, anyway. Thanks.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Not drowning. Waving.

Can someone please send me a PM when the bickering session has petered out?

Thank you.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:44 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
No, you don't know who you're talking to.

I gave more than enough blood yesterday, anyway. Thanks.
God of the Mask right, Iacchus?

In the Netherlands a political party also want gay people to have the right to give blood, it fits when throwing away millions of cucumbers to prevent a outbreak.
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!
Thanks, from:
Sock Puppet (06-20-2011)
Old 06-20-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Or, we can lock you up in a cage with the rest of the monkeys (I mean sh*t slingers). :yup:
Give that a shot, honeybunch.

Quote:
No, at the very least, it demonstrates something very indecisive about you. This is why you are so threatened by me ... bigot.
Mmm, that's yummy word salad. :yum:

I'm pretty sure the thread has been resolved at this point by the reductio ad cucumber.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy