View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 07:40 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
Guilty as charged. I am here to share a book and I didn't think it necessary to beat around the bush by introducing myself (which has nothing to do with the content) and doubt if it would change anyone's skepticism.
People are less likely to immediately brush off ideas presented by people they know and like, just as they are more likely to be hostile to the sudden appearance of strangers selling or offering something they didn't seek. This is communicating with humans 101 stuff.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
Are you really surprised that you appeared to be just another nutter with an idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
Yes, I am surprised because I am me; I am not other people and have no idea how many others come online with big ideas that don't hold weight.
This is the Internet, which you've been on a while now, apparently, and it exists on the Earth, which you have also been on for some time.

You can hardly type any single word into Google without coming across some Big Idea! From 2012 prophecies, to the Time Cube, to proposed nations where sex slavery is legal and encouraged, to quack medicine and the various Spooky Mulders. People knock on our doors with soap or salvation or Opportunities! to sell. How do you not know this?

Look, if you want to bungle around the web for a few more years hoping someone will become enlightened by osmosis, by all means continue what you are doing. If you want this idea to be seriously considered and examined by seriously smart people, pick up some basic social skills.

You may think I am a bitch, and you might be right depending on your definition of bitch, but I am actually trying to help you.
Thanks, from:
Deadlokd (03-15-2011), Dingfod (03-16-2011), Naru (03-15-2011), The Man (03-15-2011)

Page generated in 0.14562 seconds with 11 queries