Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs

Old

Lamitudeness, both mine and the Butthole Surfers

Posted 09-21-2008 at 09:58 AM by Kyuss Apollo

If I wasn't so damn lame about this blog I'd post to it more than once every 8 months. I had all good intentions of creating this compendium of musical "tracks of the week" and adding to it regularly but rl and playing 3 different Travian servers at the same time tossed that idea out the window.

Maybe now that I am down to just one! game of travian I'll start posting to this blog again, but I am making no promises boy.

In recompense for the vastness...
happy now, Mussolini?
Old

Bonsai!!

Posted 02-24-2008 at 03:35 AM by Kyuss Apollo
Updated 07-23-2016 at 05:37 AM by Kyuss Apollo

So as a great waster of time, this internet phenomenon, I found this thing called the Bonsai Story Generator . You can take two or more random samples of writing and it will generate...something from them. So I just grabbed text from a couple of open web pages, one a page on Yog Sothoth and another on the origins of the Islamic crescent and star symbol in Greek and Christian iconography. The result would have made even August Derleth gibber with envy quite unnaturally ...

happy now, Mussolini?
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Last Week's Track: #3 - La Villa Strangiato

Posted 10-21-2007 at 05:34 AM by Kyuss Apollo
Updated 10-23-2007 at 02:51 AM by Kyuss Apollo

Rush - La Villa Strangiato

This is the fourth (and last) track from Hemispheres, the sixth studio album released by the Canadian rock power-trio Rush, consisting of Alex Lifeson (guitars), Geddy Lee (bass) and Neil Peart (drums and percussion).

According to articles at wikipedia.org:
"La Villa Strangiato" is an instrumental, exhibiting the musicianship of the
happy now, Mussolini?
Old

Last Week's Track: #2 - Kerosene

Posted 09-25-2007 at 03:39 AM by Kyuss Apollo

Big Black - Kerosene

Big Black was an punk-noise band started in 1982 on a four-track recorder by Steve Albini. With Albini on guitar and vocals, Santiago Durango on guitar, David Riley on bass and Roland the Drum Machine, Big Black issued a number of EP's and two full LP's, Atomizer (1985) and Songs About Fucking (1987).
happy now, Mussolini?
Old

Last Week's Track: #1 - 50 Million Year Trip

Posted 09-24-2007 at 03:31 AM by Kyuss Apollo
Updated 09-25-2007 at 12:02 AM by Kyuss Apollo

Kyuss - 50 Million Year Trip (Downside Up)

Kyuss formed in the late 1980's in Palm Desert, California. Known at first as Sons Of Kyuss, they were a "generator band," hauling their power supply out to parties in the desert. They originally took their name from a class of zombies in the old Fiend Folio book from Dungeons and Dragons:

After releasing a demo album, they...
happy now, Mussolini?