Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs

Old

To Blog or not to Blog

Posted 10-14-2007 at 08:33 PM by Crumb (Cream of The Crap)
Updated 03-12-2008 at 12:11 AM by Crumb (Adding to category)

:wave:

I'm trying to figure out why I would post something as a blog here rather than as a thread in the main forum. :chin: But my curiosity prevents me from not at least giving it a test run. I could perhaps see posting a bit more info about myself if this were more private than the main forum, like the journals generally were. But I assume that these are visible to non-members (Is that true?) and with that link to the blog in ever post it doesn't seen much more obscure than posting...
Adequately Crumbulent
Posted in Miscellaneous
Old

'Digital Enhancement' and selling prints

Posted 10-12-2007 at 02:55 AM by Ari

Every so often union square has an art show where set artists sell their works from paintings to sculptures to photographs, in general it's setup for the tourists. There is always at least one photographer with signs above every easle "Printed from negative film, not digitally enhanced." Which both irks me and makes me laugh. It's basically a sales tactic taking advantage of general ignorance.

Most people (those that still remember film) are used to pushing a button and...
Ari
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Bungie to be Free

Posted 10-09-2007 at 03:17 AM by Ari

Not a photography post but some may have heard Bungie, the makers of the famous Halo series will be "spun off" by Microsoft into their own company (as if they were a microsoft creation to begin with).

My one and only serious online gaming addiction came from playing Bungie's Myth the fallen lords and Myth II. RTS games that were tactics based instead of resourced based (Warcraft II being a big hit at the time). Addicted enough that I ended up being a Bungie.net Admin patrolling...
Ari
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Slight milestone for me

Posted 10-09-2007 at 01:46 AM by curses (Curses! Foiled again!)

In regards to fitness. Over the weekend, I took pictures for the soccer charity that I work for. They had a street cup tournament in Centennial Olympic Park. We spent the better part of the day roaming around taking pictures and playing soccer with random people.

I took yesterday off. Today I was actually able to run in short bursts with no pain! We found a park with soccer fields so my husband and I took turns setting up crosses and corner kicks. I played for about 45 minutes...
Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi
Posted in Fitness
Old

Public places

Posted 10-08-2007 at 09:15 PM by Ari

As mentioned in the Folsom thread, I went to the Folsom street faire in SF. Lots of fun, took pictures and then wandered around with some new friends. One girl that I don't really know kept complaining about people taking photos of her.

Ok people, if you are out in public, for the most part you waive privacy rights (some rights still reserved). Now, if you go out to a public faire where you know there will be lots of cameras and you go topless with your boobs painted with a fire...
Ari
Posted in Uncategorized