Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs

Old

Yup, just a wee bit excited

Posted 02-27-2008 at 11:28 PM by biochemgirl

I booked my flight to go see the hubby for Memorial Day weekend. :hyper: Yes, yes, I realize that is like 3 months away and he's only been gone a month and a half, but hey, whatever gets ya through the day right?

I'm getting along pretty well. Working a lot. Working this weekend in fact, but I don't mind it. It breaks up the weekends which can be so long. I'm doing a lot of cleaning and organizing of our house. I am going to be painting the living room and dining room here...
ninja mother
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Bonsai!!

Posted 02-24-2008 at 03:35 AM by Kyuss Apollo
Updated 07-23-2016 at 05:37 AM by Kyuss Apollo

So as a great waster of time, this internet phenomenon, I found this thing called the Bonsai Story Generator . You can take two or more random samples of writing and it will generate...something from them. So I just grabbed text from a couple of open web pages, one a page on Yog Sothoth and another on the origins of the Islamic crescent and star symbol in Greek and Christian iconography. The result would have made even August Derleth gibber with envy quite unnaturally ...

happy now, Mussolini?
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Pet Politics and Symbiotic(ally Dysfunctional) Relationships

Posted 02-23-2008 at 04:59 AM by Brimshack
Updated 02-23-2008 at 06:29 AM by Brimshack

Okay, so I'm still getting used to my new job, Community Relations with the local Humane Association. It's a whole new range of political angles for me, not to mention a new work regime. Yesterday was kind of a watershed day, and I sometimes think with my keyboard, so ...a post is born.

Part I (Ooh! I am long winded, I have to break this up, er... a title) ...Um, Part I: A Dilemma is Born

(Two figurative births already, and I haven't even started.)

First,...
Northier Than Thou
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

And I'm all enrolled and everything!

Posted 02-15-2008 at 01:56 AM by fragment (Fragmentation)

Yep, I've finished enrolling in my course, and have a house to live in and can't wait for classes to start in a little over a week. :excited:
mesospheric bore
Posted in Study
Old

Read these ones a few weeks back...

Posted 02-15-2008 at 01:54 AM by fragment (Fragmentation)

I'm trying to post a little bit here about the books I read... I got round to writing brief notes on these ones before I went on holiday, but not as far as posting it. Here ya go. I'll try to catch up on the ones I read while on holiday sometime soon.

Paul R Ehrlich & Anne H Ehrlich, A Betrayal of Science and Reason: How Anti-Environmental Rhetoric Threatens Our Future. Pretty much what the subtitle says. I didn't find this the most engaging reading, and skimmed over the parts...
mesospheric bore
Posted in Ecology, Climate, Books